Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Tenisha and the Tablet (Blog Nugget #1)

Do you remember a moment in this life where everything you have ever worked for, everything you have ever worked for, everything you've tried and fought for and reached out for, culminates into a single event that validates all your efforts? I have lived a very satisfying life, it's been truly my privilege that I live for Jehovah. I had a moment while in Skeldon that captures this exact sentiment. Let's go back to this important Sunday (November 1, Day #3)

Or rather, let's start with an email, dated October 8, 2015.

In preparation for this trip, we had sent emails to both Josh and Kayla asking if there was anything either them or anyone else in their area needed or wanted from the States. In the reply message from Kayla, one point stood out: she asked for nothing for herself. Here's the excerpt from that particular email:


            As for me, I'd like to inquire of something,  do you know of any brother or sister near you who has an older electronic device that you can put the jw app on that they don't use anymore and are willing to part with. I have a diligent and studious bible student, who just joined the school and became a publisher.  I would love for her to have something she could do more research on. If not that's ok, but if you ask around and it's available,  that would be so awesome






Unselfishly, Kayla requested this tablet for the lovely Tenisha. Seeing that her home circumstances are not particularly favorable to her studying and progressing, the fact that she continues to grow spiritually is beautiful to behold. My family and I were determined to see to it that she somehow got her tablet. But how? So the search began!

I started by asking some of my fellow Bethelites if they might keep their eyes peeled for said tablet in the hoppers or donated. A few days turned up no results, much to our dismay. With the leave date approaching, the Camacho clan brainstormed. Collaborative efforts bred this idea: use social media to ask around. I took to my Instagram account and posted a request for any of my followers to please help in the search.

A day after posting, a reply came! A brother from New Mexico messaged me and informed me that he happened to have a tablet in excellent working condition that had the JW Library app and other apps installed already. He promptly mailed it and within 5 days it was in New York. Jehovah truly answered prayers there!!!!

Fast forward to November 1, at Lena's house.

The majority of the guests had left us, leaving only Kayla, Tenisha and myself. We had finished the study, nearly complete with the Bible Teach book. For some odd reason, I truly did not expect to be present for whenever Kayla decided to gift Tenisha with the tablet. The next several minutes were heart-warming.

Kayla casually mentioned how proud she was of her progress, and how Jehovah was even more proud of her. She reassured Tenisha of His approval and that no matter what, He would make sure to bless her for all her efforts and perseverance. She then proceeded to pull the tablet out of her purse and give it to Tenisha.

The poor girl began to weep profusely.

This in turn made ME start crying.

The appreciation that poured out of her was so very genuine, one couldn't help but be swept in that precious and perfect moment. THIS was all worth it. In that small time period, all of OUR efforts to get to Guyana were completely worth it. The happiness overflowed massively. She gave me the biggest hug and couldn't say thanks enough.

I promised I wouldn't post a picture of that moment, but if you ever want to see either the brief video or pictures I took, feel free to ask to see them next time we hang out.

That's all for now, hope you enjoyed the first Blog Nibblet!

Stay tuned for the next post!

Love,


The Adventurous A.




3 comments:

Student to Student

How important something is to us determines the plasticity of our brain and function..."   - Dr. Andrew Huberman Something that you sho...