Thursday, January 2, 2020

An Ode to New Adventures

January 2nd, 2020

Location: a warm Starbucks in a cold upstate NY town.

There's a certain sort of sense that has settled over. It resides within the pages of my calendar, memorialized in confident black gel-pen ink. It is a feeling that is occupying space inside of me that is threatening to burst out. Even on the precipice of a freezing weather, it heats up my core, lighting up a tiny flame that is rapidly feeding.

I do not celebrate the new year; for me it is a pin drop mark in what I hope and pray to be is an everlasting life ahead of me. That being the case, there is a private joy in looking at my omnipresent calendar starting to already fill up with wholesome goodness. To top it off, my beloved family members and dear friends are experiencing great changes and advancements as well, making the ripple effect of happiness grow continuously.

I read an experience recently of a couple who, per the quote, are "known for their remarkable adaptability." When I read that phrase, my heart fluttered in excitement. I want to be like that! I ruminated over that simple phrase, attempting to etch it in memory for later use. It has been stuck ever since, resonating on occasion when least expected. As the kids would say, that attitude is "goals."

I do not know what is lying ahead of me, but I know that Jehovah knows. I'm leaving it in His hands, and I couldn't ask for better hands to leave my life in. If my agenda is any indication of the course ahead, bring it on! I hope for each and every one of you, dear dear readers and friends, that you will experience that and so much more. You are so loved, don't you forget it!

I look forward to bringing you all along for another eventful year of activity and adventure. Thank you so much for your continued support, and stay tuned for the next post!

Love,

The Adventurous A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Student to Student

How important something is to us determines the plasticity of our brain and function..."   - Dr. Andrew Huberman Something that you sho...