Thursday, June 6, 2019

BRRR.... It's Getting Kind of Chile in Here (Part 2)

Welcome back!!

If you're coming in from Part 1, EXCELLENT! Please read on. If not....well you'll be dropped in the middle of the middle of the story. I highly recommend starting from the beginning.

Anyways.

We are now at the (technically) second day in beautiful Santiago, Chile. Gi, needing to work, set me up with a delightful early breakfast and service plans with the Korean congregation nearby with a sister named Yanet.

Oh, a word to the wise. MAKE SURE TO ADJUST YOUR CLOCKS WHEN YOU'RE TRAVELLING. When Yanet picked me up, I thought I still had an hour's time to get ready for service, but apparently my phone was still running on Panama time. To be fair, I was distracted by the INCREDIBLE view of the Andes from my bedroom window. Thank goodness I was dressed and ready already!!!

You see how GORGEOUS that is??

Yanet and I crossed over into the heart of Santiago, reuniting with the rest of the service group. Much to my surprise, because of it being Saturday, the group was doing Spanish service. I was geared up to annyeonghaseyo my way through Santiago, but hey, at least it'd be preaching in a familiar language!


We did business territory, which turned out QUITE successful! We started quite a few good conversations; I was already relishing the ease of the ministry out here. After a few hours, our group divvied up, our small clan heading towards Santiago's K-Town for Korean food. 

맛있는!!

After retrieving Gi, we perused the adorable shops,drank boba tea, and bought goodies for the friends in La Paz and Sorata. We then parted ways, heading to one last mid-week meeting in Chile before the Bolivian adventures would begin...




And here we are, at the end of our Santiago leg of the trip! I'll be back later in the month, but for now, the rest of the blog posts will be centered on our goings-on in La Paz, Santa Cruz, and Sorata! Hope you enjoyed these 2 snippets! Stay tuned for the next post! Ciao Bluebearies!

Love,

The Adventurous A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Student to Student

How important something is to us determines the plasticity of our brain and function..."   - Dr. Andrew Huberman Something that you sho...