Thursday, June 6, 2019

BRRR....It's Getting Kind of Chile In Here (PART 1)

Hello and salutations, Bluebearies!

I'm writing this blog from a comfy couch in sunny Bolivia, already in disbelief that I've been in South America for the past 5/almost 6 days. The time has rushed by, and has definitely been quite eventful. Before I continue,  however, we need to backtrack to almost a year ago, to the early planning stages.

Back in June of 2018, I was home sick tied in to the meeting. The crowd in the Kingdom Hall was substantial, as is usual during our summer season. With my bird's-eye view, I watched the visitors as they settled in their seats,  noting in particular a very pretty young sister accompanied by an elegant older sister. From the get-go, superficially I liked them, but thought nothing beyond that, save for enjoying their Watchtower comments.

Once the folks returned, my mom mentioned meeting some very nice sisters from Chile. The younger one expressed the desire to serve in a different country, and Mom told her that that was my goal as well. They exchanged numbers, and Gi (the pretty young Chilean) and I began communicating via WhatsApp.

The rest is history. Now I was on a plane to meet her in person, a new travel companion to serve in Sorata, Bolivia together.

This being my first solo trip, I was a jumble of emotions, a bubbling cauldron of excitement/nerves/

After saying goodbye to the family,  this started my approx. 13 hour trip to Santiago, Chile. Copa Airlines gets a HUGE shoutout for being one of the best flights of my LIFE. They fed us so well, along with other free goodies.

(Caption wink wink nudge nudge that's not apple juice)

I made it there close to 11pm, where Gi and another sister from her congregation waited for me with open arms. Finally,  after almost a year's worth of WhatsApp calls and texts, we were together at last!!! There's no joy quite like getting on well with someone you've been anxious to meet; my heart settled in contentment.

We went on our merry way back to Gi's, chatting excitedly the whole time. After a late-night dinner of Papa John's pizza with her and her lovely father, we settled in for the night, in preparation for the day's activities ahead of us...

Oof that was short huh? No worries! Part 2 is already up on the blog! Go check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Student to Student

How important something is to us determines the plasticity of our brain and function..."   - Dr. Andrew Huberman Something that you sho...